Elstead Village Tennis Club – Return to Play Guidelines
These guidelines ensure Tennis activity can be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Government and LTA advice, and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. They include measures to limit hand to shared surface contact and minimise unnecessary interactions with others.
- All courts must be booked online – No turn up and play allowed until further notice, as we need to know who is playing on the courts.
- On arrival at the club – access via the main gate. Please do not use side court gates. Use hand gel provided before accessing the courts if you have touched the padlocks or gates. Alcohol gel is provided outside the clubhouse.
- You may cross courts observing social distancing as you do.
- Whilst using the courts leave the main gate unlocked – and please ensure if you are the last to leave the club, you lock up. We have been repetitively burgled recently including during lockdown.
- The Rule Of Six applies outdoors. This should be observed by everyone, including parents spectating.
- The Clubhouse is open for the use of the toilet only.
- It is mandatory for all members and guests to wear a mask or face covering inside the Clubhouse, in accordance with government guidelines. Please bring one with you when visiting the Club. This does not apply if you have a medical exemption which prevents you wearing a mask.
- A First Aid kit remains available outside the clubhouse – please do advise the committee if you use it at all, so we can ensure it is cleaned and restocked.
- If using Flood Lights – please do alcohol gel your hands again after touching switches.
- At all times, players should adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidelines, staying at least 2m away from others.
- Use your own clearly marked (preferably new) tennis balls. Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours – use your racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or to return them to another court.
- Stay at least 2m away from other players during play, when taking breaks and before and after play. Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five) Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- Please do not try to adjust the height of the net. It has been set at the correct height already.
- When you have finished playing, use alcohol gel again before you leave and do not use the same tennis balls again for 72 hours.
- NHS COVID-19 QR Code – In line with the government guidance around NHS Test and Trace, we have our unique QR code for the Club to use with the NHS COVID-19 app. If you have the app on your smartphone, please scan the QR code when you visit the Club to enable Test and Trace capabilities to be followed. The Club’s QR code is displayed to the left of the main entrance to the Clubhouse and on the Disabled WC door.
IMPORTANT: Do not leave your home to play tennis if Government advice means you should stay at home because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus.