The LTA have updated their guidelines for tennis play during the pandemic, the Committee will be considering these guidelines in detail over the next few days and will provide a further up-date later this week.
In the meantime, with effect from Monday 1 June, four people from different households can now play doubles together at the Club subject to compliance with Coronavirus protocols, including 2 metre social distancing as far as possible.
Please also take note of the EVTC Return To Play Guidelines noted below, using the alcohol gel provided after touching any shared surface, before and after play.
Elstead Village Tennis Club – Return to Play Guidelines
These guidelines ensure Tennis activity can be enjoyed in a way that is in line with Government and LTA advice, and helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. They include measures to limit hand to shared surface contact and minimise unnecessary interactions with others.
- All courts must be booked online – Courts 1, 2, 3 and 4 can be booked online for use, but for now court 5 is closed to avoid cross contamination of balls. No turn up and play allowed until further notice, as we need to know who is playing on the courts.
- You can play for one 60-minute session only per day, as per the LTA guidelines.
- We have implemented a short buffer period of 30mins between session booking slots to allow time for players to leave before the next players arrive – please respect this for the safety of all.
- On arrival at the club – access via the main gate. Please do not use side court gates.
- Use hand gel provided before accessing the courts if you have touched the padlocks or gates. Alcohol Gel will be provided outside the clubhouse. You may cross courts observing social distancing as you do.
- Whilst using the courts leave the main gate unlocked – and please ensure if you are the last to leave the club, you lock up. We have been repetitively burgled recently including during lockdown.
- There will be no access to the clubhouse and social spaces remain closed. We ask that you do not congregate closely in communal areas.
- The clubhouse will remain closed to everyone for the time being. A First Aid kit remains available outside the clubhouse – please do advise the committee if you use it at all, so we can ensure it is cleaned and restocked. If using Flood Lights – please do use alcohol gel before and after touching the switches.
- At all times, players should adhere to the Government’s social distancing guidelines, staying at least 2m away from others. Maximum of 2 people per court (singles play only). Players can be from different households. The only exception to this is where a group of four players are all from the same household in which case they can play doubles.
- Use your own clearly marked (preferably new) tennis balls. Avoid using your hands to pick up tennis balls that aren’t yours – use your racquet/foot to hit/kick them to your opponent or to return them to another court.
- Stay at least 2m away from other players during play, when taking breaks and before and after play. Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five) Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- Please do not try to adjust the height of the net. It has been set at the correct height already.
- When you have finished playing, use alcohol gel again before you leave and do not use the same tennis balls again for 72 hours.
IMPORTANT: Do not leave your home to play tennis if Government advice means you should stay at home because you or someone you live with has or has had symptoms of COVID-19, or you are in the most vulnerable category and have been advised to shield from the coronavirus.
EVTC has a new sponsorship with HEAD
They are offering discounts on rackets, balls, clothing and accessories.
Club contact for HEAD discounts: Jorge Martin at email@example.com
LTA Tournaments to be hosted at EVTC
22/03/2020 Grade 5 12U Singles Boys only
25/04/2020 Grade 5 8U Singles Boys & Girls
02/05/2020 Grade 5 14U Singles Girls only
23/05/2020 Grade 5 10U Singles Boys only
13/06/2020 Grade 5 8U Singles Boys & Girls
27/06/2020 Grade 5 8U Singles Boys & Girls
28/06/2020 Grade 4 10U Singles Boys only
16/08/2020 Grade 5 11U Singles Boys only
Dan Burden Tournament 11-18 July
Grade 4, Various Age Groups, Singles & Doubles, Boys & Girls
Club contact for LTA events: Barbara Awbery at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ladies Morning Tuesdays
There is a great regular turnout of ladies on Tuesday mornings. About once a month the ladies arrange for Barbara Awbery to come along and coach them. The sessions run from 9.30am – 11am and lady members of all standards are welcome.
Thursday Evening Club Night
Why not come down to the courts to meet up with other members and play a few games of tennis.
We currently run a mix in evening on a Thursday from 7pm and to ensure there are a good number of players we have introduced a system where you supply your email to the organiser Mike Mullins and Mike sends out a reminder each week. Everyone who supplies their email will receive a mailing usually on a Sunday and you must reply yes or no for the following Thursday.
This system has been working very well. If you want to get onto the roster let Mike know and he’ll get you on the system
Elstead tennis club have a number of teams which take part in both Summer and Winter. The club run Men’s, Ladies and Mixed Teams that compete in the ADLTA local league, Aegon Surrey and the Chaucer leagues. If you are interested in playing contact Scott Tunbridge.
Contact Jorge Martin Munoz for further information